Last Updated December 28, 2013
Assistimate’s Commitment to Privacy
We respect your right to privacy. We do not sell, rent, share or disclose personal information to third parties without your prior consent, except in the circumstances described in this Privacy Statement. In addition, your ability to make informed choices about the uses of your information is important to us. This privacy statement explains our policy regarding the collection, use, disclosure and protection of personal information.
A. What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information that identifies an individual or that can be reasonably associated with a specific person or entity, such as a name, contact information, Internet (IP) address and information about an individual’s online orders.
B. Collection of Personal Information
We collect the personal information that you provide us, such as when you:
- use assistimate.com or sign up for news or notifications of specials or other promotions on assistimate.com;
- place an order or purchase products or services, online or otherwise;
- contact us for any reason;
- participate in a survey or promotion; or
We may automatically collect some information when you visit our website, such as your computer’s IP address and operating system, the site from which you linked to us, your site activity, the time and date of your visit, and your purchases. This information may be collected through the use of “cookies” (see Online Specifics below). We also receive information from third parties who help us correct our records, prevent fraud, and provide Services or special promotions or products. We may combine any of this information with the other personal information we maintain about you.
C. Use of Personal Information by Assistimate
The personal information we collect is generally used to process your requests or transactions, provide you with high-quality service, tell you about opportunities we think will be of interest, and distribution of our own surveys and publications. For example, we may:
- Communicate opportunities and programs; and
- Provide you with promotional information, such as coupons, offers and product recommendations, or information about Services (“Promotional Information”). If you prefer not to receive Promotional Information from us, we make it easy for you to let us know. You may contact us at any time to decline Promotional Information (see Choice below).
D. Sharing of Personal Information
We share information in these circumstances:
- Order Fulfillment We may provide to a third party information as necessary to fulfill an order you have placed with us. For example, if you pay by a credit or debit card, your card number and sales transaction information are passed to the card processor and/or issuer (including their service providers such as fraud verification services). However, we give suppliers and others involved in the distribution chain only the information needed to provide you the products or services you order, and we require them to keep the information confidential and not to use it for other purposes. We are not responsible for any information you provide directly to these parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their practices before disclosing information directly to them.
- Our Contractors We may contract with others to perform services on our behalf. For example, we might retain a company to process credit card payments, distribute emails, or analyze data. If any of these service providers need access to your personal information, we require them to use it only to perform the services for us. We also require that they maintain the confidentiality of the information and/or return the information to us when they no longer need it.
E. Other Uses and Disclosures
In addition, we may use or disclose personal information in the good faith belief that we are lawfully authorized to do so, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to protect you, to comply with legal process or authorities, to respond to any claims, or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Assistimate Estimating Services, our Customers, our employees or the public. Information about our Customers, including personal information, may be disclosed or transferred as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger or sale of company assets or acquisition.
F. Protection of Personal and Credit Card Information
We give you choices related to your personal information, and numerous methods to inform us of your decision.
- If you do not want to receive Promotional Information (see Use of Personal Information by Assistimate) or information about Customer Services, you can: (a) call our Customer Services representatives at 408-837-2673; (b) email us at , or (c) write us at: Assistimate Estimating Services, LLC, P. O. Box 81, Corvallis, OR 97330.
- If you do not want to receive promotional emails, you can: (a) call our Customer Services representatives at 408-837-2673; (b) email us at ; (c) write us at: Assistimate Estimating Services, LLC, P. O. Box 81, Corvallis, OR 97330, or (d) click the provided “unsubscribe” link in any email to unsubscribe. If you have more than one email address, you will need to specifically opt-out for each email address.
H. Online Specifics
I. Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy statement or would like to Contact Us for any reason, you can do the following:
- Call us at 408-837-2673;
- Email us at ;
- Write to us at Assistimate Estimating Services, LLC, P. O. Box 81, Corvallis, OR 97339-0081.
J. Changes to this Statement
We may change this privacy statement at any time, but will alert you that changes have been made by indicating at the top of the privacy statement the date it was last updated. We encourage you to review our privacy statement to make sure you understand how your Personal Information will be used. If we make a material change to how we use Personal Information and the new uses are unrelated to uses we disclose in this statement, we will communicate the changes in advance.